Rabbit Haemorrhagic Disease (RHU) is known for its highly infectious & fatal history. This disease like Myxomatosis attacks the lungs but can also open to other organs of the rabbit.
The strains above are the two that your rabbit needs vaccinations for safety out & Indoors. I have personally lost two of my bunnies for not even knowing this information being a bunny owner and it was just heart-breaking so please, please, take this disease seriously.
So what are the symptoms?
- Fatigue (Tiredness, no energy)
- Lack of appetite
- Sometimes: blood around mouth/nose area
Please note: This disease is so rapid that it usually goes undetected like what happened with my bunnies, so please just get them vaccinate and keep the hutches/run spotless every day.
Is there a cure?
No is the sort answer.
So, what can I do to protect & prevent this from my bunny?
- Number 1 has to be vaccination. BOOK your appointment it’s not worth the risk.
- Keep your bunnies hutch/run clean regularly (use only cage safe disinfectant).
- Do not allow your bunny to roam with wild rabbits.
- Feed them with Good, Quality food. Cheap food is good for your pocket & not so much for your pets health.